Friday, August 15, 2008

Heard of Ideeli? It's a fashion free-for-all site that lets you purchase luxury pieces at deeply discounted prices ... but the clock is ticking. You never know when a new item will pop up. Members are e-mailed when an item is about to be available for sale. "Second row" members (meaning those with a free membership ... like me) can't purchase until an hour after "first row" members have had their chance.

The sale times are random (think 11:41 a.m.) which sorta kept me glued to my e-mail account for the first few days, but I haven't purchased anything yet ... although I've been tempted. (Seriously, Moschino sunglasses ($95 on ideeli)? SO futuristically cute.)

The other catch? Membership itself is usually closed. You need an invite code (I got one through Spa Week) or you can get on their mailing list to hear when membership opens. So if you have a lot of time on your hands (and a thirst for $900 handbags going for a mere $500), this is your happy hunting ground.

0 comments: