Friday, August 29, 2008

I am psyched about the new Madewell 1937 store that's now open in Tysons Corner. It's the funkier, cheaper version of J. Crew, who I have come to dislike for its proto-First Lady wear and soaring prices. Really, who does J. Crew think it is? If you can afford to buy their clothes these days, you're actually probably NOT shopping there.

But seriously? If the model above were blonde, I would have taken this shot for a rejected cover of Debbie Gibson's Electric Youth.

And I prefer my Youth to be more Sonic than Electric.


My other issue with Madewell? Their models all look like seven-foot tall cowboys who have pursued freelance work as World War I flying aces. I love to look at these clothes, but I think I would actually mock myself for wearing them.

... That might not be enough to prevent me from buying that mango-colored cardi, though.


0 comments: